3Dmate is the world’s first multi-purpose 3D design mat, 3DMate will enable you to use a 3D pen like an artist, architect or engineer. With it’s simple shapes and grooved patterns 3DMate will change the way 3D pens can be used and will open up a whole new world of possibilities.
3D Pens have been on the market for a number of years. Up until now they have been pretty much a free form way of creating art and structures.
When Kaz Bigus, inventor of the 3DMate first became familiar with 3D pens, he researched the best ones on the market by reading hundreds of reviews and using different pens. There was a common theme, users find it difficult to actually create shapes and draw something beyond simple doodles.
The 3DMate can turn the average user including young kids into a pro!
What is 3DMate?
- It is a grooved, transparent mat with a combination of basic geometric figures of various compatible sizes
- The user simply draws within the grooves. The grooves keep the hot filament in place and prevent warping. Once the filament cools it pops out freely and remains solid, allowing it to fuse with other pieces.
- The “Fuse and Join” area is uniquely designed to improve precision and accuracy
- A 3D Pen alone requires the skill and stability of the human hand. The 3Dmate makes the process more enjoyable and rewarding.
- Heat resistant up to 260° C (500° F), it is non-stick, and works with all types of filament and 3D pens currently on the market.
- We are passionate about learning and moving with ever changing technology. 3D printing is a way of the future and is being introduced into schools. There is a strong focus on STEM education, helping students improve spatial awareness and learning in a more tactile way. Students can produce prototypes, landmark structures, rockets, vehicles, doll houses ..you name it. Given the cost of 3D Printers, 3D pens are a more affordable way to introduce students to this new technology, The 3DMate is the perfect complement to a 3D Pen and will close this gap.
- The mat is also really great for younger children and inspires creativity and design. It can help with shape recognition as well as building and developing fine motor skills
We really hope you enjoy our product and are here to help you if you have any questions.